Perfect Paleo Waffles with Coconut Whipped Cream
You’ve stumbled upon life’s most perfect paleo waffle recipe! The use of the coconut flour and tapioca flour give these waffles a chewier texture that I absolutely adore. Try adding 1 cup of vanilla protein powder to jam pack these with protein or 1 cup of blueberries into the batter for blueberry waffles. Top these with my decadent fresh coconut whipped cream and they taste more like dessert than breakfast. If you like these, you’ll love my recipe for the Perfect Paleo Pancakes!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Add coconut flour and tapioca flour and whisk until combined.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron so the bottom is just covered and cook until the light goes off (approximately 5 minutes or less).
- Remove the waffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and/or fruit!
- Chill bowl and whisk in the freezer (30 minutes) and chill coconut milk in the refrigerator (overnight).
- Open can of coconut milk and scoop off the cream that has risen to the top and place in chilled bowl.
- Beat the cream on high until peaks form.
- Drizzle honey and vanilla extract into the cream and continue beating.
- Refrigerate or whip right before serving!
- Paleo Crepes - […] crepe, fill them with berries and coconut whipped cream…the possibilities are endless. Click here for my coconut whipped cream recipe…
- Paleo Apple Crumble | The Paleo Panda - […] keep the doctor away. Try it served warm with a dollop of my paleo whipped cream (see recipe here)…